Google is looking into the fact that a couple of their employees may have helped a Chinese Cyber attack on their mainframe. The attack occurred in mid November. Google is the largest and most popular search engine. The attack was a theft of intellectual property. The people who are thought that to have done the deed are in China's Google office. The malicious software used was a modification of the Trojan "Hydraq". The virus allows once in the computer someone unauthorized to access the files and control the computer. It has been reported that some Google China employees were denied access to internal networks. Google has denied accusations that it has already shut down part of its China office.
I am very surprised that such a sophisticated company as Google would have something like this occur. I do think it was the Chinese branch. I imagine that many people are up in arms over the fact that their intellectual property has been stolen. If my intellectual property had been stolen, I would have been very angry.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment